World We Made is the trading name of Gilderton Company Limited, a company incorporated in Hong Kong. We respect the privacy rights of its online visitors and recognize the importance of protecting the information collected from its online visitors. We hope to let you be informed on how we may collect, use, share, and keep information about you and the choices that are available to you.
Our website is not intended for individuals under 18 years old. We do not knowingly solicit data online from or market online to such individuals.
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information if you:-
- Visit or use the Site;
- Register an account with the Site;
- Interact with us through social media websites and other websites; or
- Receive or reply to an electronic communication from us.
The types of personal information we collect are:-
- Full name;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Mobile phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Delivery address;
- Billing address;
- Credit / debit card details;
- PayPal account information; and
- Any other relevant information and/or personal data.
Personal information we collect from you will be used in some or all of the following ways:-
- To deliver the order that you have placed on the Site;
- To update you on the delivery of the order that you have placed on the Site;
- To process the order that you have placed on the Site;
- To complete and/or carry out financial transaction in relation to payments you make online;
- To update you about new features and benefits;
- To answer questions and respond to your requests made through the Site and/or through third party websites, including social media;
- To manage and/or administer your account with us;
- To audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- To improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
- To customize the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site;
- To identify visitors on the Site;
- To carry out research;
- To advertise and market our products and services;
- To send you advertisements, promotions and offers;
- To send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested to obtain from us;
- To manage fraud and security risk;
- to perform appropriate and necessary anti-fraud checks, credit checks or to authenticate your identity;
- To transmit or obtain information about you to or from third parties, including but not limited to, credit reference or fraud-prevention agencies;
- For customer support purposes; and
- Any other relevant purposes required or permitted by law or with your consent.
Credit / debit card details and PayPal account information will never be shared with third parties and will only be used to process your order placed at the Site.
We do not share your personal information with anyone except as described below. We will share your personal information as required or as permitted by law, such as:-
- with credit bureaus and similar institutions to report or ask about your financial circumstances, and to report or collect debts you owe;
- with regulatory authorities, courts, and governmental agencies to comply with legal orders, legal or regulatory requirements, and government requests;
- with our service providers, regulatory authorities, and governmental agencies to detect and prevent fraud or criminal activity, and to protect the rights of World We Made or others;
- with our service providers who perform services for us and help us to operate our business (for example to our courier or supplier);
- with financial institutions with whom we jointly offer or develop products and services (but they may not use your personal information - in particular your email address - to independently market their own products or services to you unless you consent that they can do so);
- for specific products or services, when you have given your consent.
World We Made may also, from time to time, engage third parties, including but not limited to its affiliated, subsidiary or associated companies, to provide direct marketing services on their behalf, and may share your personal information with these third parties for such purposes.
We collect your computer data through cookies and similar technologies. Our server will automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit the Site. The computer data that we are collecting may include:-
- The IP address of your computer;
- Information related to that IP address, including but not limited to, domain information, your internet provider and general geographic location;
- Browser type;
- Which third party sites operated by other websites or resources you view, access or click on;
- Webpages you were visiting before you visited to the Site;
- The pages within the Site and the time spent on those pages;
- The items and/or products and/or information that you have searched for on the Site;
- Any other relevant statistics;
The above information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us to improve the Site and the services as well as products we provide. This data will not be used in association with any other personal information.
By visiting the Site, you are deemed to be agreeing that we can place these cookies on your device and access them when you visit the Site in the future.
We shall use your personal information for direct marketing purposes upon your consent, which includes an indication of no objection.
In registering an account on the Site, you will be given the option to opt-out of subscribing to our regular updating service which constantly sends you emails and direct mail alerts for new products, features, enhancements, special offers, contests, events of interest, one-off marketing promotions and any other information.
If you do not wish to continue to use or provide to other persons with your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may exercise your opt-out right by notifying World We Made at the following email address email@example.com. You can also unsubscribe from direct marketing information at anytime by using the unsubscribe function within the electronic marketing material.
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information held by World We Made is not correct, you can update your personal information anytime by accessing your account on the Site.
We use administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information. These measures include computer safeguards and securing files and facilities and maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information which we no longer require will be securely destroyed or de-identified permanently.
In the absence of negligence on our part, we shall not be liable for any loss you may suffer from as a result of any unauthorized access to any data provided by you when visiting the Site or using our services.
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary for fulfilling the purposes specified above for which it is, or is to be, used. Personal information provided by you for will be retained if the purpose for which it was collected still exists, the retention of which is so required by law, statute or regulation, or is in the public interest.